The Skilled Worker Category
The following is required to qualify under this category
- A minimum level of language proficiency in English or French is needed.
- Foreign qualifications will need to be evaluated to determine their equivalency to Canadian qualifications.
- Younger applicants are favoured – the range where applicants will score maximum points is 18-35.
- Maximum points for foreign work experience will be awarded for 6 or more years of skilled work experience obtained outside Canada
- Prior work in Canada will give the principal applicant extra points.
- Five points will be swarded if the applicant’s spouse or common-law partner has some ability in English or French.
- Additional adaptibility points will be awarded for the sposue or common-law partner’s prior Canadian study or work experience, or for a relative in Canada who is aged at least 18 and who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
- Candidates require a score of 67 points to qualify
To access an automated assessment for this new categoryClick here.
Candidates who qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker Program will still have to receive an Invitation to Apply through the Express Entry system before thay can immigrate.